Join the UK’s Association of Teachers of Singing
The Association of Teachers of Singing is the UK’s only singing teachers’ association.
We welcome anyone who teaches singing – at home, school, college of further education, music conservatoire; with a choir, youth group, amateur dramatic society, professional organisation – whatever your experience or qualifications. Students are welcome. We also offer corporate membership for organisations.
Any voice teacher who is serious about the quality of their teaching skills, who is open to the possibility of extending their knowledge, and who is willing to listen to the opinions and experiences of others, should join AOTOS.
- Contact with other singing teachers – sharing techniques, repertoire and experiences – through our local pods, and online in our secret Facebook group
- Opportunities for continuing professional development and professional networking at AOTOS events throughout the year and across the UK:
– three-day summer conference bringing together leaders in their fields of knowledge
– one-day autumn conference focusing on a single theme
– regular area events – workshops, masterclasses and repertoire days
– training courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced level.
- Free copy of Singing magazine, twice a year (July and December).
- Free copy of the printed Members’ Handbook, every year.
- Your listing in the printed Members’ Handbook, every year.
- Your listing in our online Directory, with access to update it at any time.
- The opportunity to send two free emails a year about your relevant events or courses to selected members.
- Access to the Members Resources section of the AOTOS website with downloadable resources, podcasts from conferences, and much more to come…
Members outside Europe will get the Members’ Handbook by email.
Student members get reduced rates for all our events, as well as all the above benefits, with Singing magazine and the Members’ Handbook sent by email.
Find out about the benefits of corporate membership.
|Student member (in full-time education)||£10|
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
Individual members: when you join you only pay for the months left in the current year. (So in January £55, February £50, March £46, April £41, May £37, June £32, July £27, August £23, September £18, October £14, November £9, December £5.)
How to join
- Fill in our joining form and choose which information you want displayed our online Directory, so that anyone looking for a voice teacher can find you.
- Follow the link at the end of the form to pay through Paypal, using a debit card or credit card, or a Paypal account.
- If you would rather pay by cheque or bank transfer, or would like to set up a direct debit, fill in our joining form and then contact our Administrator, Beck Laxton, for instructions: email@example.com