We offer FREE membership to anyone in full-time education, and half-price membership for the two years after you graduate.
Student membership gives you access to AOTOS events at much reduced prices, as well as all the benefits that members get. To qualify, you must supply proof that you are in full-time education once you have completed the joining form. Your free membership will last until the end of the year in which you graduate.
For the two years after you graduate, we offer a 50% discount on our standard rate while you are getting established as a teacher. To qualify, you must have been a student member of AOTOS, or supply proof that you were in full-time education. Complete the joining form for standard membership and then send your student proof to email@example.com.
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December. When you join, you pay for the months left in the year. So the rates – which you can divide by two – are: January £55, February £50, March £46, April £41, May £37, June £32, July £27, August £23, September £18, October £14, November £9, December £5.
After your two years as a graduate member, if you are having difficulty finding sufficient resources to cover our fees, the new Mollie Petrie bursary can cover the cost of two years’ AOTOS membership for a teacher under the age of 28.
- Contact with other singing teachers, sharing techniques, repertoire and experiences:
– through our local pods, connecting you with members nearest you
– in Europe through our membership of the European Voice Teachers Association
– online in our secret Facebook group.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development and professional networking at AOTOS events throughout the year and across the UK:
– three-day summer conference bringing together leaders in their fields of knowledge
– one-day autumn conference focusing on a single theme
– regular area events – workshops, masterclasses and repertoire days
– training courses at beginner and advanced level.
- Regular email newsletters
- Access to the Members Resources section of the AOTOS website with downloadable resources, podcasts from conferences, and much more to come…
- PDF version of the Members’ Handbook
- Promotion for you:
– Your listing in our online Directory, with access to update it at any time.
– Free members’ table at conferences to display fliers, publications or anything you want to promote
– The opportunity to send two free emails a year about your relevant events or courses to selected members (just send details to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join now as a student
Join now as a graduate (complete the form then send your student proof to email@example.com.)