The Association of Teachers of Singing is the UK's only singing teachers' association.
We welcome anyone who teaches singing – at home, school, college of further education, music conservatoire; with a choir, youth group, amateur dramatic society, professional organisation – whatever your experience or qualifications.
- We offer free membership to anyone in full-time education, and half-price membership for the two years after you graduate. More about student and graduate membership.
- We also offer corporate membership for organisations.
Any singing teacher who is serious about the quality of their teaching skills, who is open to the possibility of extending their knowledge, and who is willing to listen to the opinions and experiences of others, should join AOTOS.
- Contact with other singing teachers, sharing techniques, repertoire and experiences:
– through our local pods, connecting you with members nearest you
– in Europe through our membership of the European Voice Teachers Association
– online in our secret Facebook group.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development and professional networking at AOTOS events throughout the year and across the UK:
– three-day summer conference bringing together leaders in their fields of knowledge
– one-day autumn conference focusing on a single theme
– regular area events – workshops, masterclasses and repertoire days
– training courses at beginner and advanced level.
- Regular email newsletters
- Access to the Members Resources section of the AOTOS website with downloadable resources, podcasts from conferences, and much more to come…
- Free copy of the printed Members' Handbook (for student and overseas members, a link to the online version)
- Promotion for you:
– Your listing in our online Directory, with access to update it at any time.
– Free members' table at conferences to display fliers, publications or anything you want to promote
– The opportunity to send two free emails a year about your relevant events or courses to selected members (just send details to firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Student member (in full-time education)||£ FREE
|Graduate member (for two years after graduation)||£ 27.50
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December. When you join, you pay for the months left in the year – so in January £55, February £50, March £46, April £41, May £37, June £32, July £27, August £23, September £18, October £14, November £9, December £5. All members renew in January.
How to pay
- Pay by direct debit to save 10% off your first subscription and 10% off every year when you renew.
- Pay through PayPal, using a debit card or credit card or a Paypal account, and become a member straight away – your listing will go straight into our online Directory.
- Pay by cheque or bank transfer: complete the form then follow the instructions.