Join the Association of Teachers of Singing
The Association of Teachers of Singing is the UK’s only singing teachers’ association.
We welcome anyone who teaches singing – at home, school, college of further education, music conservatoire; with a choir, youth group, amateur dramatic society, professional organisation – whatever your experience or qualifications.
Students and recent graduates are welcome: we offer FREE membership to anyone in full-time education, and half-price membership for the two years after you graduate. For singing teachers within a school, college, conservatoire, or music service, we offer discounts when three or more are members. We also offer corporate membership for organisations.
Any singing teacher who is serious about the quality of their teaching skills, who is open to the possibility of extending their knowledge, and who is willing to listen to the opinions and experiences of others, should join AOTOS.
- Contact with other singing teachers, sharing techniques, repertoire and experiences:
– through our local pods, connecting you with members nearest you
– in Europe through our membership of the European Voice Teachers Association
– online in our secret Facebook group.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development and professional networking at AOTOS events throughout the year and across the UK:
– three-day summer conference bringing together leaders in their fields of knowledge
– one-day autumn conference focusing on a single theme
– regular area events – workshops, masterclasses and repertoire days
– training courses at beginner and advanced level.
- Regular email newsletters
- Access to the Members Resources section of the AOTOS website
- Free copy of the printed Members’ Handbook (for student and overseas members, a link to the online version)
- Discount of 12% from Chimes Music, in store, over the phone and online. Online, just open an account then email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your AOTOS membership number to get your discount set up. In store, show your AOTOS membership card or Welcome email. For telephone orders, quote your AOTOS membership number.
- Promotion for you:
– Your listing in our online Directory, with access to update it at any time.
– Free members’ table at conferences to display fliers, publications or anything you want to promote
– The opportunity to send two free emails a year about your relevant events or courses to selected members (just send details to email@example.com).
|Student member (in full-time education)||£ FREE
|Graduate member (for two years after graduation)||£ 27.50
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December. When you join, you pay for the months left in the year (in January £55, February £50, March £46, April £41, May £37, June £32, July £27, August £23, September £18, October £14, November £9) except in December, when we ask you to pay for the following year at the same time and so you pay £60. If you sign up to pay by direct debit, you get a discount.
Student membership gives you access to AOTOS events at much reduced prices, as well as all the above benefits. To qualify, you must supply proof that you are in full-time education once you have completed the joining form. Your free membership will last until the end of the year in which you graduate.
For the two years after you graduate, we offer a 50% discount on our standard rate while you are getting established as a teacher. To qualify, you must have been a student member of AOTOS, or supply proof that you have recently graduated. Complete the joining form for standard membership and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty finding sufficient resources to cover our fees, the new Mollie Petrie bursary can cover the cost of two years’ AOTOS membership for a teacher under the age of 28.
How to pay
- Pay by direct debit to save 10% off your first subscription and £5 off every year when you renew.
- Pay through PayPal, using a debit card or credit card or a PayPal account, and become a member straight away – your listing will go straight into our online Directory.
- Pay by cheque or bank transfer: complete the form then follow the instructions.