The Association of Teachers of Singing is the UK's only singing teachers' association.
We welcome anyone who teaches singing – at home, school, college of further education, music conservatoire; with a choir, youth group, amateur dramatic society, professional organisation – whatever your experience or qualifications.
- We offer free membership to anyone in full-time education, and half-price membership for the two years after you graduate. More about student and graduate membership.
- We also offer corporate membership for organisations.
Any singing teacher who is serious about the quality of their teaching skills, who is open to the possibility of extending their knowledge, and who is willing to listen to the opinions and experiences of others, should join AOTOS.
- Contact with singing professionals, sharing techniques, repertoire and experiences:
– through our local pods, connecting you with members nearest you
– in Europe through our membership of the European Voice Teachers Association
– online in our members-only Facebook group.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development and professional networking at AOTOS events throughout the year and across the UK:
– national conferences bringing together leaders in their fields of knowledge
– regular area events – workshops, masterclasses and repertoire days
– training courses at beginner and advanced level.
- Regular email newsletters
- Access to the Members' Resources section of the AOTOS website with downloadable resources, podcasts from conferences, and a growing archive of exclusive video content
- Promotion for you:
– Your listing in our online Directory, with access to update it at any time.
– Free members' table at conferences to display fliers, publications or anything you want to promote
– The opportunity to send two free emails a year about your relevant events or courses to selected members (just send details to email@example.com).
|Student member (in full-time education)||£ FREE
|Graduate member (for two years after graduation)||£30
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
Annual individual membership (including overseas, non-resident) and new members joining between 1 January and 30 June is £60.
Partial year for individuals joining between 1 July and 30 November is £35.
Individual members joining 1–31 December pay £60 (to include remainder of December and all of the following year).
All members renew in January.
How to pay
- Pay by direct debit via GoCardless so your fees are requested automatically each year, with no extra admin for you or AOTOS.
- Pay through PayPal, using a debit card or credit card or a Paypal account, and become a member straight away – your listing will go straight into our online Directory.
- Pay by cheque or bank transfer: complete the form then follow the instructions.