Preparing students for ABRSM exams and the new ARSM exam
with Heidi Pegler
Sunday 14 October 2018 1pm to 5pm
Hughes Hall, Cambridge
As well as being AOTOS’s newly installed Chair, Heidi Pegler is an ABRSM examiner and trains new examiners. She was part of the team that selected songs for the new singing syllabus, published recently, and has also been an editor of the new songbooks (ABRSM Songbook Plus series) which have just been published (find out more at the ABRSM website).
Following the success of her day for the South West Area earlier in the year, Heidi will be kicking off a series of smaller area days in the South East Area. She will be joining members for the afternoon in Cambridge to discuss the ABRSM syllabus and requirements and ideas for preparing students for the new ARSM exam.
- 1pm: Arrival; tea and coffee
- 1.30pm: Introduction to the afternoon
- 1.45pm: What do ABRSM examiners look for in grade exams? A guide to the mark scheme
- 2.30pm: Mock exams with some live candidates.
- 3pm: Break
- 3.15pm: The ARSM Exam – how it is marked and what makes a successful programme.
- 4pm: Live candidates demonstrating the ARSM syllabus.
- 4.45pm: Q&A
- 5pm: Finish
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the afternoon.
- AOTOS members £20
- Non-members £30
- Student members £10
Hughes Hall is less than a mile from Cambridge rail station, half a mile from the coach station, and very close to Queen Anne Terrace car park. It is off Mill Road, which has both independent shops and supermarkets where you can buy lunches, and many pubs, cafes and restaurants.