Teacher Training Course 2012
- At Dauntsey’s School
- West Lavington, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 4HE
- 19th — 25th August 2012
- 6 places for Continuing Professional Development
- Core content one to one work with experienced mentors using visiting pupils, an opportunity to try new areas of work and refresh ideas.
- Sessions on anatomy, developing voice, musical theatre styles, classical styles, repertoire, exams, business sense, teaching techniques
- 6 places for new teachers (up to two years experience)
- Introduction to teaching in group and one to one sessions
- Work with one pupil with experienced guidance
- Join the experienced teachers for external speakers as listed above.
- Individual spacious study bedrooms
- Rural location three miles from the market town of Devizes
- Exclusive use of the Manor House for full board and course facilities
- Click here for further information on the location.
Faculty for 2012:
- Teaching Facility – Liza Hobbs, Graham Titus
- Margaret Aronson, Nicola-Jane Kemp : new teachers especially
- Individual attention and guidance throughout the course from your teaching mentor.
- Flexibility between new and experienced teacher strands
- Visiting Faculty – Coral Gould, (exam preparation and business sense)
- Linda Hutchison, (anatomy for singers and music theatre techniques)
- Paul Deegan, ( the adult beginner and classical styles)
- Lyn Boreham, (Alexander technique)
- Janice Thompson (the developing voice – with videos and students)
- Included in the price are three individual lessons with the visiting faculty, tailored to meet the student teacher’s requirements
Future developments in Teacher Training at AOTOS
In response to extensive consultation with faculty and past students we are continuing to mingle the experienced and new teacher strands of the course. Both sets of participants have enjoyed working with each other and certainly the atmosphere in the past couple of years has been most positive and cooperative.
I am very grateful to Margaret Aronson and Heidi Pegler for their help in developing the course to introduce new teachers to the profession. We hope we have put together a week to show the excitement and challenges of teaching singing and we hope to welcome you to the course in 2012.
Please contact me with any further questions or concerns that you may have.
Penny Price Jones
- £820 inclusive
- £650 – non-residential
- A deposit of £200 together with a completed application form secures your place
- The deposit is non-refundable after the end of June