Mollie Petrie Bursary
To cover the cost of two years’ AOTOS membership for a teacher under the age of 28.
• Open to members and non-members
• Deadline for application: 28 February 2019 for membership year 2019.
This bursary is intended for those who are experiencing difficulty in finding sufficient resources to cover fees. Examples of financial difficulty could be:
- a young teacher just starting out
- an established teacher who has taken a sabbatical or gone into full-time education
- an established teacher experiencing unexpected financial problems or a change in circumstances.
The application form asks you to describe why you need financial support. Please ask an AOTOS member who knows you to write separately in support of your case to the Secretary at email@example.com.
We will assess applications against the eligibility criteria using information from the personal statement on your application. We may also seek the opinion of the AOTOS member supporting the application. All correspondence regarding bursaries will be in strict confidence.
Please note that we expect to receive a greater number of applications than we have bursaries available and not all applications may be successful.
Applications will be assessed by the Chair, Chair Elect and Secretary.